Team Toad: Ice Chip
Robots > Ice Chip |
This page describes Ice Chip, Kelsey's antweight
“Ice Chip” is a miniature version of Kelsey’s middleweight BattleBot “Ice Cube.” Kelsey built Ice Chip for her seventh grade science fair project, “Tires Choices for a Fighting Robot”.
Unlike its larger cousin, which is made completely from steel, the harsh weight constraints of the Ant weight class dictated that Ice Chip be built from aircraft materials: aluminum and titanium. But like Ice Cube, Ice Chip is a powerful pusher, and built to be tough.
- Robot: Ice Chip
- Weight Class: Ant weight.
- Weight: 0.92 pounds
- Physical Specs: 7.0” wide, 7.0” long, 3.0” tall, with 0.25” ground clearance.
- Offensive system: plow blade is 0.038” 6-4 titanium sheet.
- Defensive system: body is a laminate of cellulose and 0.025” aluminum sheeting,.
- Navigation System: Futaba FP-R148DP 8 channel micro receiver operating on 75 MHz, controlled via PCM1024 modulation from an 8UAPS 8 channel radio transmitter.
- Drive System: two dual 3.0” diameter Dave Brown “Lite Flite” foam rubber tires driven by two Futaba S9402 high speed coreless BB servos modified for continuous rotation
Back to TeamToad BattleBots Home Page